February 22, 2018

Amethyst - Digital Painting | Birthstone Series

Hello!

Last month, I wrote that I would be making a series throughout this year. So, I decided to go with the birthstones theme and commit to illustrate the birthstone associated with each month of the year.

If you haven't seen my January's birthstone illustration, the Garnet, you can read my previous blog post here. It also includes a process video timelapse of my Garnet's painting!

Now, for this month we have the Amethyst! And for this illustration, I wanted to be very literal with the colour scheme, as well as having a very fantasy look to it, hence why I incorporated the horns that have amethysts on the inside. I also thought it would be cool to have an underground cave looking space with all those gems and have the character there like its her own habitat.

I really hope you like it and that you look forward to my next digital paintings!

Please subscribe to my blog's newsletter, so you can keep up with my blog posts and follow me on social media!
IG | YT | DevianArt | Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...